Friday, January 18, 2008

Chicken Cacciatore with Olives / Roasted Mushrooms

Recently I resuscitated this recipe in my own everyday cooking and was very pleased at how tasteful and satisfying it was for not much effort. The olives add an incredible burst of flavor to this classic dish. You can serve it over spaghetti or rice. Add more tomatoes if you like a saucier dish, especially if added to the pasta.

I tweaked the online recipe slightly, and from a tip I discovered recently, I included a roasted mushroom variation. Prepare the mushrooms separately. The mushrooms soak up the olive oil, salt and sherry vinegar flavors through the roasting method. When thoroughly cooked, add them into the chicken cacciatore towards the end of the cooking time.

This dish is also an excellent choice as the main entrée in a buffet meal. It was a success at a recent holiday party of mine. I just doubled the recipe, added a bunch of side dishes, and I was set to go!

Ready to try it? Chicken Cacciatore recipe | Roasted Mushroom recipe

(I promise to post pix soon!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home